CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Life change for '09

Okay, after the last few crazy years of my life, things are finally starting to settle down. I've married a wonderful guy, have a great job, and things are looking up. However: I've really let myself fall by the wayside. I completely stopped exercising, and truly taking care of myself. I'm embarrassed to say that I've gained about 15 pounds! Yikes!



The last couple of years I have "walked" in the Portland Marathon 5 mile walk sponsored through my company. I have promised myself that this coming October (the next date for the PDX Marathon), I will run the 5 miler. I would like to run the 15 miler, but.....that is a LOT of training. So, for now my goal is to run the 5 miles.
This is a picture of me getting my packet for the 5 miler from this last October.

Wish me luck! I'm going to need it!

3 comments:

The Holmes Family said...

Goodluck Sharon, you can do it.

Snyder-mom said...

Good Luck Sharron! I only wish I had even half your ambition. One of these days I'll do it too. We'll see!

Wendy said...

Okay Sharon you soo motivated me!! just joined golds gym not only to get in shape but heard that excercise was good for stress!! I need to get out, wish me luck too!!
Luv ya to death!!! Wendy