CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Quick update

It's been awhile since I posted here, so I figured I would let you all know how my "Life Change of '09" is coming along.

I joined a local community center which has a full gym including aerobic classes, spin classes, kick boxing, yoga etc. I have been going 4-5 times a week, for at least 30-45 minutes each work out. I sweat more than a 500 pound elephant sitting in a sauna, but....I am really trying hard. I haven't really "weighed" myself, so I'm not sure if I've lost weight but my clothes are starting to feel nice and loose! More importantly: Overall, I'm feeling much better about myself, and my health. I can run 2 miles (sometime 2 1/2 if I'm feeling good). My goal is to run in the PDX 5 mile marathon. I'm almost halfway there!

I should also mention that Ted has also joined the gym with me, and he uses swimming as his work out program. I'm so proud of him! He swims 4-5 times a week as well. We're making this a family event.

Thanks for all of your support and I'll keep you posted on our progress.

5 comments:

The Holmes Family said...

Yay Sharon that's awesome.. I'm so glad your enjoying it too. I always say it's not what the scale says that matters it's how you look, and how your feel. Congrats on that great accomplishment.
"Working out isn't a program, it's a lifestyle." I'm glad your changing your life for the better.

Yolanda said...

You are so awesome Sharon! I wish I was there to work out with you. I do it myself - but it is so much more fun with friends - especially with friends with a goal.

Sharon said...

Thanks ladies! I need ALL of the enouragement I can get. Sometimes it's so easy to just say: "I'm too tired!" and then not go. I get up at 5:30 every morning, and work 8 hours a day (which is actually 10 hours with lunches and traffic). Then there's the kids homework, after school activites. It never ends!

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl. I'm trying so hard and to little avail. I'm just so sick of winter I could scream. I was working out every day til I got sick. Blah! You just keep going. I'm not doing so great with the running. I'm back to the couch to 5K plan and going to run my first 5 K in June. Yeah I know it's only 3.2 miles but it's a goal right?

Nora Mair said...

...time for an update. How are you doing?