CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Kidisms

Lisa had a great idea! Kids really do say the funniest things. Here are a few of my favorites from my rugrats:

1) When Kayleen was about 4, she loved to play dress up. I bought her a trunk with a bunch of dresses, necklaces, hats, and shoes I had found at the goodwill. She liked to have a different name when she dressed up, and Ashley was her favorite choice most days. One day she came walking out of her room wearing a red dress, hat, high heels and a necklace. She looked like a street walker. When I asked her if her name was Ashley, she replied: "No. Today I'm Sha'Neena". I thought I was going to die laughing.

2) I was driving to work one day with Kayleen riding in the back seat. She was about 4 or 5 years old, and was quietly looking out of the window. I took the same route to work every day so she was familiar with the drive and the buildings we passed. On this day however, one of the buildings had been torn down overnight. As we passed the empty lot, Kayleen shouted out: "What the hell......?? MOM, that building disappeared!!"

3) We were driving to work (again in the car). I was pregnant and had just found out that I was going to have a boy. Kayleen had been excitedly talking about having a baby sister, since we had told her I was pregnant. I was worried she would be upset when she found out the baby was going to be a boy. When I said, "Guess what Kayleen? You're going to have a baby brother!" She was silent for a few seconds and then said, "But Mom. Boys are so yucky!!"

Kayleen was known for saying words wrong when she was little. Here are a few of my favorites: Pasketti (spaghetti), mazagine (magazine), and my favorite of all? Graham crapper (graham cracker.

4) When Jack was about 4, he was pestering me about wanting something. I repeatedly told him "No.". After a couple of hours of denying him what he wanted, Jack finally announced: "Mom. Just so you know, I'm going to keep asking you until you say yes."

5) Jack is our family jokester. I knew he would be our funny kid when he was about 3, and told his first joke, un-prompted by me or his Dad. Grandma and Grandpa Ford were visiting, when Jack walked up to them and said in the cutest little voice: "Grandma, why did the toilet paper run down the hill?" We were all a little confused about what he was talking about (not realizing he was actually telling a joke.). So, Grandma said, "Why?" Then Jack p0inted to his bum with his cute little pudgy finger and said, "To get to the bottom!!". He's been cracking us up ever since.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Oh my word! I laughed out loud about the "what the hell" comment! That is so funny!! I love that!!

Snyder-mom said...

How funny! I laughed out loud too. I have Jaelynn sitting here with me as I read through your "kidisms" and she thought the graham crapper was the funniest of all. She laughed about it and repeated it about 3 or 4 times. She also liked the toilet paper joke. She may use that one herself.

Anonymous said...

This is fun! I guess I may have to share some on my blog. These made me laugh right out loud.